To be considered the Applicant must be:
· A female, at least 21 years old, with a high school diploma or GED. (The Applicant does not need to have graduated from a Howard County High School.)
· A person who has a tie with Howard County either as a resident, a member of BWN, an employee (or business owner) who works in the County or an enrollee in a school in Howard County
· A person who is already enrolled or plans to enroll within one year in a program described below either full – or part ‐ time.
· The program of further study is not limited to degree programs. Other options include technical training courses, certificate programs or any post ‐ secondary training or education.
· The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution.
The Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 31, 2019 and they will be recognized at the BWN monthly networking lunch on June 19, 2019.